Mylo's First Halloween! What a handsome little fireman he makes. He's in a costume contest until tomorrow so please head on over and simply LIKE his picture. You will be rewarded with candy. Ok maybe not candy but lots of appreciation and a virtual hug. That's way better anyways.
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I can't really remember too many Halloween costumes but I went as a cow once and it was pretty funny!
2. If you could go back to your childhood and dress up as something, what would it be? A princess.
3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as an adult? I don't dress up :( 4. What is your favorite Halloween candy? Anything Maynards... yummy!
5. What is your favorite Halloween memory? It's a tie.. 2 years ago, giving out candy for the first time in our new home and a few years ago when a friend and mine did Trick or Eat. We collected food donations but people still gave us candy!
6. What is your favorite scary movie? I hate scary movies.. so Scream would be my favorite!
Welcome to the newly improved Marce-Lips. Updated more than twice a month.
If you want to get to know me better, you should start here and here.
Why am I jumping on the blog bandwagon?
I love writing and sharing my experiences with others; whether it be a product I enjoy or something I'm familiar with. Lately, I find myself googling mommy stuff like "6 month old sick symptoms" or "what color baby poop is normal?". Yes really. If I can share my stories and help someone else, then great! Otherwise, it's a great journal and an awesome way to meet people.
What are some things I will write about?
my attempts at cooking
figuring out this anxiety thing
trying to find motivation to get healthy
...and other random stuff.
I'm trying to learn how to be the best wife, mommy, and individual I can be.
Here it is! Whoever created the yam brownie is a genius. It's so delicious; yet completely unhealthy. I'm assuming that's why it tastes so good. I find it tastes a bit like cornbread but with a brownie texture.
I forgot to take a picture but it looked like this.
Found this amazing website, Hilah Cooking, that I love so much. Maybe because she talks to me in a "cooking for dummies" kind of language that's easy to understand. That was suppose to be a compliment. Her step-by-step video's help too when I don't understand the written instructions. It happens more than I'd like to admit.
I stumbled upon this homemade strawberry ice cream recipe and decided to give it a whirl. I am proud to say that a) it turned out edible, which is always a good thing and b) it was super delicious. I used local strawberries and we're planning on using cherries next time.
My 2 suggestions:
1. If you don't have an ice cream maker, do this instead.
Add ingredients to smaller freezer bag. Fill large freezer bag with ice and add 6 TBSP of salt. Place small bag in large bag. Shake for 10 minutes until it thickens. It gets cold so wrap it with a towel.
2. Let it thaw a bit before eating. It hardens more than traditional ice cream.
1. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? A hair stylist but I was discouraged from pursuing it by one person because it wasn't "good enough".
2. What was your favorite way to kill time as a kid? You know, all the things kids don't do today.. play outside! Go to the park, bike ride, play hacky sack, build tree houses, have yard sales, sliding, skating.. oh to be young again.
3. When did you get your first cell phone? I was 18 and only got it because my step-sister had one.
4. What is your favorite magazine to read? In Touch Weekly and Star. I like celebrity gossip.. what can I say? That and they're the only crossword puzzles I can finish.
5. What is the one random object people would be surprised to find in your purse? A diaper. Only because my purse has now changed over to a diaper bag! Ha!