Wednesday, September 12, 2012

15 Weeks

I’m going to be a mommy!! Some days it hits me harder than others. Being a mom is the one thing I’ve always wanted to be so I’m looking forward to having a family J

This isn’t how I pictured my life though. I thought I would have 2 kids before 26 and be a single mother or in an unhealthy relationship. Hmmm... obviously I didn’t have high expectations back then! But I’m very happy with how things have turned out. I’m 27, met an incredible man, got engaged, received my college diploma, started work, bought a house, got married, and BAM… baby on the way! What an exciting and adventurous 4.5 years it’s been! J

So now I’m sitting here 15.5 weeks pregnant (yes, I count the half weeks). All it took was 2 endometriosis surgeries, many doctors appointments, and a lot of trying. What many people don’t know is that it’s been a very emotional process and I was seeing a fertility doctor.

FYI - The average woman’s cycle is 28 days, so for every 2 cycles a “regular” woman has, I was having 1… that makes it very difficult when trying to have a baby. Especially if you aren’t ovulating or don’t know when you're ovulating.

I was suppose to start a fertility drug called clomid on the next cycle, but luckily enough, I found out I was pregnant J The joke in my family is that I will have twins since both my mother and mother-in-law are identical twins. From what we know, there’s only 1 in there! J

So far, I have a mini bump which is about my only pregnancy symptom to date. No sickness. No tiredness. Nada. Ok..wait.. I lied.. my boobs are bigger (WOOHOO!) and my fingernails are longer! J I’m sure my husband would argue with this and add crankiness and emotional to the list but he's wrong :P hehe
I’m enjoying this though and can’t wait to feel baby H move. I’ve felt a few flutters when it's quiet and I'm lying on my back.. but it seems too early to tell! We do have names picked out but it’s a surprise! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...