Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Social - Last of 2012

1. Favorite New Years Eve you’ve had before
I would have to say 2011. We were surrounded by friends, ate lots of yummy food - including 10lbs of crab legs,  played games, and drank lots. My friends will never forget the "I'm allergic to champagne" comment either. Let me explain:

a. I drank champagne and started to lose my voice. They laughed.
b. I had a lot of alcohol in my system by that point.
Good times. 
Lori, Me, Bron
Love these girls!

2. Are you doing anything for NYE this year and if so what?
We are going to Lori's house this year. It will be pretty tame on my part since I'm pregnant. Should be interesting. We're going to play Cranium and my new game: The Game of Things! Love it!


3. Name a book we should all read come January?
50 Shades of Grey. So. Awesome.


4. What are your new years resolutions?

I love clean slates but I usually forget about my resolutions after the first week.
2013 is going to be a life changing year.
I'm going to focus on the same things I've already been working on while adding new things so I'm going to print this and put it on my wall.

New
  • Budget - Starting January 1st, budget is key since my pay is slashed in half due to mat leave.
  • Labour - Don't pass out from pain. Hey, that's a huge goal for me. 
  • Motherhood - Work on being the best mom I can be.
  • Patience - Learn patience.
  • Focus - Focus on the baby, my marriage, and myself. So important.
  • Food/Cooking - Learn how to cook and try new foods... like vegetables.
  • Travel - Spend more time visiting family/friends. Luckily the majority of people are within an 8 hour drive.
  • Friends - Work on friendships. Things are changing and friendships will change.
Old
  • Get healthier - Emotionally, mentally, and physically. Continue to work on my anxiety.
  • Communicate - Better communication with people; be less defensive and more outgoing.
  • Organize - Organize and de-clutter my life.
  • Creativity - Explore my creativity. Find new hobbies; blog/writing/painting etc.
  • Happiness - Work on authentic happinesss.
  • Lower expectations - I have a really bad habbit of setting unrealistic expectations.
  • Give and take - It's surprising how unbalanced this can be.
  • Appreciate - Show more appreciation to those around me.
  • Focus - Focus on the little things that matter.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! 2013 is our year Marci! We are gonna be awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all really great goals/resolutions! And btw the game of things is SUPER fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the game of things. I could play it for hours :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...