Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Update - Please send positive energy


Hello everyone. It's that time for a weekend update. Unfortunately, the weekend didn't start out great.
I ask all of you, whether it's 2 people or 200, to please send your positive thoughts, energy, prayers whatever you believe in to my 4 year old nephew for a speedy recovery.

Friday
My brother called to chat because we hadn't talked in a while. They were in sunny California.. Disneyland to be exact.. while we had 2 snow storms that rarely happen here. Good timing. While on the phone, I heard my brother say to my nephew "Whoa there homeboy that was close" then to my shock.. my 4 year old nephew unleashed a screech like nothing I've ever heard before and my brother said "OMG" and hung up the phone.
I waited.
I called him back after 7 minutes and my brother frantically said "I think he broke his leg. We're waiting for the ambulance." to which I replied "I'll meet you at the hospital". It was revealed by xray that my nephew fractured his femur. Poor thing. He will be in a double leg and hip cast for the next 6-8 weeks.


Saturday
We went to the hospital to visit my nephew for a bit.
The hubs and I decided to finally watch "Ted". When the first preview came out, I seriously thought it was a joke. Then I realized it was for real. I thought it looked so horrible. Wow, I was wrong. I loved it! My hubs? Not so much. But seriously, it's a talking teddy bear! Love it.


Sunday
Sunday's mark another week of pregnancy: WEEK 33.
This week is also my last week of work.. and by last week, I mean last 2 days!
I have so many things I want to do and look forward to having some me time over the next several weeks... *hopefully*.. Baby H stay put for a while. We finished a few things in the baby's room and made some homemade cheese stuffed hamburgers for dinner. Mmmmm.


That's about it!
How was your weekend?


7 comments:

  1. oh my word too sad. I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope your nephew has a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He seems to be in good spirits so far!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness your poor nephew! At least he's young, I could only imagine anyone who has school or work being in some kind of cast like that. I would die. I cried when I had a cast put on my foot in middle school haha but I hope he has a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way worse in adults but he is definitely a trooper!

      Delete
  4. :( How terrifying for your brother & nephew! Hope he heals up quickly!

    Ted was so awesome. I laughed so hard. Seth Macfarlane can do no wrong.

    The burgers sound super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...