Date night! We finally watched Argo. It was well done and deserves all the hype.
A must see. History class in high school would have been way more interesting if they made movies like this.
Shopping! We went to Babies "R" Us and picked up this Baby Einstein Activity Saucer. It was on sale for only $65 from $130 so we had to buy it! We also picked up this cute monkey cool mist humidifier. So cute.
A week ago, someone shared this "Pregnant and Fabulous Family Fair" page on Facebook. Having never heard of it, I decided to do some research and found some information on it.
"The Pregnant & Fabulous Family Fair is produced by Okanagan4Kids, a mom-run business based in Kelowna, BC. Okanagan4Kids is the Okanagan Valley’s #1 resource for families! We provide Okanagan parents with information and resources to make parenthood fun and little less stressful."
Well look at that! I didn't even know such a business existed in our city! Perfect timing too since I'm ready to pop any minute. The one thing that I find slightly annoying or disappointing with our city is the lack of marketing/advertising for events. Maybe I just live under a rock but I've heard it from others too. Either way, I was super happy to have stumbled upon this.
Some of the highlights about this family fair:
- The admission was only $5 and we received a swag bag! Amazing.
- Prizes. Need I say more? From spa treatments to gift cards, the vendors did not disappoint.
- For a $5 minimum donation to the Have a Heart Radiothon, a photographer was on site to take a couple of pictures of pregnant ladies, yummy mummies, and their adorable kids. Each person will receive a free digital copy and is entered to win a photoshoot from their prospective category.
- There were so many great vendors! It was nice to interact with various companies and get more information on products and services.
- The entertainment was fantastic. We don't even have kids yet so that must be saying something! They had music, an eco-friendly elf, a magician, (we left before this but I've heard great things about him), face painting, balloon animals, and a play area! Any kid would be in heaven.
Unfortuantely for me, I didn't take any pictures! It was pretty packed in there anyways. All in all, we spent about 2 hours there and it was absolutely amazing. A big thank you to Okanagan4Kids for hosting this event!
We attempted to make sushi. This is Mike's plate. It was more photogenic than mine.
The rice turned out way too mushy because of the rice vinegar... That or maybe it's because I forgot about the rice and overcooked it... but I'm sticking with the rice vinegar story.
Almost time! 39 weeks!
How was your weekend?