Monday, February 18, 2013

Introducing: "The DITY Challenge"

For me, picking a niche for Marce Lips is like picking a favorite pair of shoes. There are way too many options!! I'm the type of person who knows a little about a lot so to focus on one or two topics is completely overwhelming.
 
For the record, these shoes are super cute.

For now, my blog will be about everything. It will be a compilation of things I like; life, health, fitness, hot topics, crafts, motherhood... etc. How can I be great at something if I don't explore new things? With that said, I've created a new challenge for myself.

Introducing "The DITY Challenge!"
(DIT*EEH)
DITY standing for Do It This Year.


Enough procrastinating! Think about how many times you say "I want to do that!" or "I want to make that!" but LIFE decides to be all bossy and interfere. Well, enough is enough. Sometimes we need to be a little selfish. Life isn't only about work, bills, and taking care of your family. It's also about having fun, enjoying life's blessings, and trying new things.

The plan is 2-4 new things every month. It might seem like a lot to some people (especially if you work full-time or have a family) but they don't have to be big projects.

Here are some examples on my DITY list. I'm totally pulling a blogger faux pas by not adding sources. Some of them didn't have sources but you can find all images on my Pinterest here.

Top left - Clockwise
FOOD
1. Bake/make awesome desserts like this.... and often.
2. Prep freezer bags for crockpot meals.
3. Try making homemade soups.
4. Oganize my fridge
5. Do 30 day Paleo challenges. I like candy and cereal too much to give it up.
6. Learn about canning.
 
BODY
1. Improve posture. I carry tension in my neck.
2. Drink more water!
3. Run 5k.
4. Start yoga.
It's about being healthy. Not about the size of my clothes.
 
FASHION
1. Buy a new pair of fabulous shoes. I'm pushing out a baby. I deserve a pair.
2 & 3. Wear dresses.
4. Get a new hair style/color.
5. New body = New outfits.
 
DYI 
1. Build a custom cat post for our spoiled cats.
2. Learn how to knit and make some winter stuff. I love mittens!
3. Make my own spa products; lipgloss, soaps, bath salts etc.
4. Make some Christmas ornaments.
 
BABY
1. Make fabric alphabet set.
2. Make headbands as gifts and for myself.
3. Make a "Quiet Book" for Baby H.
 
HOME
1. Do a family wall.
2. Make this "Meet. Married. Honeymoon." art piece.
3. Work on art; painting/drawing/journals.
4. Build entrance organizer.
 
So there you have it! I'll make sure to write about whatever projects tackle. Maybe I'll come across a hidden talent or something. Now that you've read about "The DITY Challenge", what's on your list for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...