Monday, April 22, 2013

Introducing the newest addition to our family...

How things change in the matter of minutes. I've always wanted a family and that day finally arrived on March 12th when our baby boy was born. It's still hard to believe that I'm a mommy now.

I was a hot mess

Mylo was born weighing 9lbs 1oz. That's right, 9 pounds. Not exactly what we were expecting. I never thought I could would deliver a baby that big.

Bigger than expected
 
Looking back on my 39 week picture, it's not surprising. I was huge!


Mylo is now 6 weeks old and continues to amaze me every single day. I'm lucky to be on a "schedule" now with feedings and sleeping. It could be changing soon because I think he's starting another growth spurt. Either way, I'm just happy to be getting a few hours of sleep here and there.

The first 4 weeks were by far the toughest and most brutal 4 weeks of my life. It was hell. I know that's sounds really bad but I'm being honest. There was a whole lot to learn since we have little/no prior experience with babies. It's a scary feeling being responsible for this tiny person and not knowing what to do but we're learning and we have one happy boy!


We are so happy he's finally here.
 
I'm so in love.

I love watching him sleep. 
I love giving him kisses.
I love snuggling with him.

He is so perfect in my eyes. I have such an unconditional love for this tiny little being and my heart continues to grow every day. I'm looking forward to the journey that falls before us. Luckily I have this blog to track all the milestones so we can look back on it in the future.

- xoxo M


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marci, just wanted to thank you for being honest about what it was like to become a mother, using words like "brutal" and "hell". I think we try to portray babies/motherhood in a very romantic, fluffy way but the reality is very different. I appreciate how genuine you are.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog & thanks for your "brutal" honesty. :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and there is much more honesty coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...